Our organization has been building it's footprint in our community since 2014. Since then we've held numerous events and community outreaches.
LINK UP VETS is dedicated to the future success and wellness of our nations Veterans. Through the use of service dog training, outdoor adventure, and community outreach we create stress free environments to connect like-minded brothers and sisters in arms. These connections form a veteran network that is key in creating a purpose and meaning for their walk through life. We advocate for benefits and care for our fellow service members no matter what generation they served.
What We've Achieved
- PTSD and Mobility Service Dogs - We offer service dogs to veterans at little to no cost. We have 2 trainers and have been donated land to build our kennel and training grounds. We continually offer this benefit year round.
- Fishing trips -We are a successful fishing crew and we have created one that not only guides veterans, but we put them on the fish and get a great experience with a beautiful view of eastern Oregon.
- Conquer the Cascades - Annually we put together hiking trips to reach the highest peaks in the cascade mountain range. We reach our goal of 1-2 peaks each hiking season.
- The Barrel To Keg Run (Philomath to Newport)- 5 veterans and 2 veteran advocates teamed up in this 79 mile relay run. Over the course of 10 hour run we connected with brothers and sisters and found out just how far we can push our limits, again.
- Homeless Veteran Outreach (Albany/Lebanon) - Along with our communities help we made "Ranger Rolls" to distribute to our homeless veteran community during the cold winter months. We provided wool blankets, cold weather clothing, hygiene kits, and a light source to over 20 local homeless veterans.
- Advocate Work - We have connected veterans with resources, care, and benefits from all over the country. By the use of social media we have been able to make contact with veterans in need of education, jobs, health care, and counseling services. We are dedicated to any and all veterans that reach out to us.